• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pitts S2 Wings For Sale

rbriege

Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I havea spare set of S-2S wings for sale, $13,000 US.
Currently listed on Barnstormers:
Factory built Pitts S-2S wings for sale. Off S-2S serial #1002 with approximately 700 hours on them. Good fabric and paint, ready to bolt on and fly. S-2A style wings except no upper wing cut-out (lower wings are identical to S-2A). These would be an excellent boost to an experimental S2 style project or a certified S-2A rebuilder. A set of factory interplane struts included in price.

I've attached afew picturesbelow.

~ Rob

Edited by: rbriege

Patrick A

Reaction score
Hi Rob,
i have a certified S2b (N55H), Do You know if your wings fit to my project as a certified one.
Or are they still sold?
An idea transport to germany?
Greets Patrick

moliver

Reaction score

Patrick,

Rob's travellling and may not respond for a couple of weeks. I do knowRob hasn't sold the wingsas they are hanging in our hangar. You'd have to discuss with your mechanic as to whether they would be suitable for an S-2B rebuild as the ailerons are S-2A ailerons rather than S-2B ailerons and the top wing would have to have the canopy cutout installed.

If you wanted to consider converting them to S-2B ailerons, Rob & I have a full set of S-2B ailerons and hinges from another project that we'd be willing to part with.

Not sure about transport to Germany, but there is a plywood box (as you can see in some of thepictures - approx 22'x5'x2' - estimated weight 300-400 lbs) for shipping the wings that we'd also be willing to sell.

Regards,
Mark

Patrick A

Reaction score

Mark,
you think its possible to certifie a pitts s2b with modified s2a wings?. I also have 3 ailerons from the original wing and one lower and half the upper wing.
But in case ofmodifiation, i probably need help.

Patrick

moliver

Reaction score

Patrick,
I don't know. You'd have to review the details of both wings with a mechanic and possibly work through the repair/alteration plan with whichever licensing authority the plane is registered under depending on their requirements. Others may have an easier answer for you though.

Mark

moliver

Reaction score
Yes they are. I'll PM you contact details.

Mark

Blemons

Reaction score
Hi,
If these wings are still for sale I am interested!
Thx!
Brooks lemons

rbriege

Reaction score
Yes, I still have them hanging in the hangar. I was thinking to keep them to put back on the S2S but I also have a set of fully covered set of factory S2C wings that could go.

Pop me a PM to discuss.

~Rob

rbriege

Reaction score
Located in Calgary.

Please go ahead and sign into our private conversation to discuss or email me with my member name @yahoo.ca

~Rob

Latest posts