• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts vs Pitts 12

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EWM

EWM
Reaction score
Hello everybody!!! I am an Italian pilot that lives in the US.
Probably you have already spoken about this topic but I cannot find any information around so I ask you again:

What are the main differences between a Pitts s2b and a Pitts 12?

I have no experience with airplanes with conventional gears, pitts, and aerobatic flight. Very soon I'd like to take some lessons of aerobatics and I'd like to buy my own airplane.
The Pitts s2b and the Pitts 12 are probably in my budget and I'd like to know more about them. Right now I have around 300 hours logged in multiengines and 500 on single engines but I have never flown with airplanes with conventional gears.

What can you tell me about those two airplanes? Why would you choose one instead of the other one?
What are the operating costs?
Do you have any information that I should know about these two airplanes?

Thank you very much

Latest posts

Back