• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts W&B?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all, I bough this Pitts S-1E a year ago as a "spur of the moment" purchase because, well, I always wanted a Pitts. It had been sitting for 30 years with little use and my goal is to get it airborne again. It has no paperwork so it will need a new W&B and Airworthiness Cert. Unfortunately it's been sitting in my hangar for the last year because I'm busy building a different kitplane. But, I'd like to start getting this Pitts ready for next summer.

My question is in what paperwork do I find the CG envelope? Do I need to buy a new set of plans? Is there a Pitts manual that has the proper CG envelope chart in it that I can buy? Does someone have a CG chart they can just send?

This airplane has a 200hp Lycoming (AIO-360 A1B) and a constant speed prop so I'm sure the CG is going to be well forward. I need to verify it's still in the envelope!

Any help is mucho appreciated!

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_6741.JPG
    IMG_6741.JPG
    35.8 KB · Views: 104

Latest posts

Back