• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Price of Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakelake

Registered Users
Reaction score
It's been a while since I have been here but open cockpit flying season has started again now that the air temps are regularly above 50 degrees, so I'm thinking Charger. I finished my condition inspection earlier this month and realized I only flew the Charger 20 hours last year. With a flying season only about 6 months long in Utah I am considering selling the Charger and will be down to one plane again. It's not easy to price such a unique plane so I was wondering if any builders out there have a good estimate of what the parts would cost to build the basic Marquart Charger. I'm talking about just the wings and fuselage. Engine, prop, and avionics are easy to guess. Steel tube, wood, flying wires, hardware, and fuel tanks are the parts that are difficult to estimate since I have not purchased things like that for many years. Anyone have a good guess as to what that stuff would cost in todays dollars. All new of course.
My problem with deciding to sell is that every time I fly the plane I come back all smiles and change my mind about what I want to do.

Latest posts

Back