• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Primer lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am using an electric primer - turn on electric pump, push intermittent contact switch on panel for 2-3 seconds which opens the primer valve and lets fuel through, then start up. This electric primer (one way valve) has 1/8" npt ports. I am trying to get from this unit through the firewall and to the cylinders.
My plan was to use an AN822-2D 90 degree elbow fitting which is 1/8" npt to 1/8" tube out of the primer unit then to an AN804-2D bulkhead tee through the firewall then one line each to two cylinders.
These fittings are listed in Aircraft Spruce's catalog but not on their website. I just emailed them to find out why?
In the meantime I thought I would check to see if there is a better way to do this and what better place to ask than here :)
Also, which two cylinders should I be priming - - 0-320 engine - - I am assuming two are enough ?
Thank you,

p.s. another question - I assume using an 1/8" line from the firewall to the cylinders is large enough but, is using an 1/8" line to supply both of them large enough? Or, do I just hold down the push button a little longer.

OK, another p.s. Just heard back from Aircraft Spruce (that was quick) anyway, they do not sell the -2D parts anymore as they are unavailable from their supplier. They do have one surplus AN834 bulkhead fitting left that I can special order if I call but no AN822's. Getting one of these fittings does me no good as I need both so I guess all my above questions still apply, especially, how do you guys do primer lines etc.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back