• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Problems spraying Polybrush

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vilhelm

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have finished covering my Acrosport ( Polyfiber System ) and have begun spraying it. All went well spraying the polybrush, except the area on the fuselage turtledeck. (I have a plywood turtledeck ) Here I have lots of small blisters. I guess it is what the Polyfiber-manual calls pinholes. I have tried the advice in the manual, rubbing the pinholes with a soft cloth and a little reducer and then respray with a little blush retarder added. It did not help anything. Still lots of ugly small blisters. So what do I do now? Should I just proceed with the silver polyspray ( which is sandable) or does other methods exist? Has some of you used the Polyfiber-system and had similar problems? Any advice will be most welcome.

I know the reason for these pinholes is that the weave over the plywood has not been completely filled with the first brushed- on coat of Polybrush. Unfortunately it is too late to do anything about that I think.

Edited by: Vilhelm

Latest posts

Back