• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Progress! Fuselage dolly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Tripp

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1471490867.812890.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1471490905.382391.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1471490927.934321.jpgOk, its not actual airplane progress, but I can now move the fuselage around the shop as I please and level it accurately. There are four jack points so I can level it again and figure out which of the twists I can straighten, and which I will have to live with. I have decided to fit the wings and see how everything aligns. I don't like the look of some of the welds as mentioned in another post, so it may need reworking. This should be the start of some regular progress.

The dolly is courtesy of the scrounging abilities of my wife. We have dozens of commercial, steel framed, on wheels display tables that she found for almost nothing. To bad she found them after I had built five wing tables-two for the bolt, and three for the shop.

Latest posts

Back