• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Question about a Starduster Too for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My first post here, greetings! My name is Bob Mills, and I fly my RV, and whatever else I can get my hands on, out of Reno, NV. I've always had a love of Biplanes though, ever since that first Stearman ride, c. 1978. A Starduster Too recently came up for sale at my home field (Reno-Stead), caught my eye, and I'm hoping to do a little research here with the BF brain trust. I've been reading some threads here on configuration, goods and gotchas, etc., which has been very helpful (thx!)

The aircraft is advertised as a 2006, built by Joseph Lacchia, and currently owned by Stephen Marcoe. 120 hours TTAF/E, Mattituck O-360 180 HP. It has 4 ailerons, and the photo-ad at the airport says it has the longer engine mount. I haven't yet been able to check the main gear geometry, as I just read about what to look for tonight. Still researching operational or damage history, and just starting to assess build quality.

I don't know if Joseph or Stephen post here, but does anyone know any of the history of the aircraft, or have any personal knowledge of, or experience with this plane?

Thanks in advance for any info you might have on the aircraft, or any thoughts on what to look for in a 'Duster pre-buy!

Cheers,
Bob

Picture from Barnstormers:

Starduster%252520Too%2525201.jpg

Latest posts

Back