• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

questions for those of you who have used the Sky dynamics engine parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly9r68

Registered Users
Reaction score
im looking at upgrading my motor for more performance and also loosing more weight on the Eagle. Im trying to get some input from people who have used the following products

Sky dynamics

light weight Fly wheel
maxi sump
Cold Air induction system
High Lift rocker arms and pushrods

by there figures I should pick up some really nice HP gains from this AND loose a lot of weight. On top of that getting the flop tub in the oil sump so I don't have issues when in Knife Edge flying with OP.

The FW will be nice to loose 5 lbs right there and then get one of the tiny ALT and loose weight there too. And the motor will rev faster with the lighter rotating mass.

My motor is already fully ported and Polished and engine dynoed over 210 HP. with all these mods it should be around 225 HP and not having to use the HIGH comp pistons to do it which IMHO take a lot of life out of the motor.

I build 1000+ Hp motors for a living and have been doing this for over 14 years. Modding things is my life and when it comes to my planes there is no difference. both of my V tails I have owned have picked up over 10 KTS TS just from me tinkering with them.:D

The eagle is fast enough BUT things can never have enough power or be fast enough...LOL....:D

Latest posts

Back