• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Radio Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For the past year I have been frustrated with poor radio reception/broadcast with my Terra VHF. Finally decided to go with a Trig "package" ( TY91, TN22, Tn72, TA14, TA50) . Installation was done at M & M Aviation (KMNM). Biggest issue was removing the rear seat and creating room for the technician to do his job. So far, it is a significant improvement over the old radios and intercom. Nice to have ADS-B out. Transponder antenna is mounted on the access panel in front of the tail wheel. Attached photos show the balance of the install. Radio cost via Spruce and local shop - just under $5,000, Still waiting on the install bill - will post when I get it.

Attachments

• Com head installed.jpg
    Com head installed.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Transponder location and wiring.jpg
    Transponder location and wiring.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 0
  • Trig comm, trxpdr and gps in luggage bay.jpg
    Trig comm, trxpdr and gps in luggage bay.jpg
    801.5 KB · Views: 0
  • comm antenna and wiring bundle.jpg
    comm antenna and wiring bundle.jpg