• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Random Fuselage Photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybolt540

Reaction score
Here's some fuselage photos of my project.

This is the walking beam a la Christen Eagle. Used .071 ears, would use .100 if I were to do it again. Has a captured bushing in the tube, therefore a 3/8" bolt (4" grip) with a locking nut.

20061004_190320_Walking_Beam.jpg

Next is my battery mount. Holds a 35-size battery. Relay mounts right there, ground point next to it, easy access, etc. ELT mounted behind it on the cross tube. Have to angle the ELT to clear the pushrod tube.

20061004_191038_Battery_Mount.jpg

And abottom view. Note used the reverser stop for a stringer mount.

20061004_191409_Bottom_Rear_Fus.jpg

One weight adding thing I couldn't do without. The smoke tank mount. Straps go across the top of the tank as well.

20061004_191547_Smoke_Tank_Moun.jpg

And the Weldon smoke pump...

20061004_191656_Smoke_Pump.jpg

Puttting electric trim in (comments?), here's the Menzimer S6 servo and mount. Mount also strong enough to serve as a weight mount if I need to put lead in the tail (horrors!) with my IO-540 and constant speed Hartzell prop on the nose.

20061004_191845_Trim_Servo.jpg

Turtledeck mount. Sheet gets riveted to the countersunk standoffs, the cockpit sheet metal gets screwed to the nutplated standoffs. The aluminum coamingtube gets attached to the forward-facingtabs in a manner which isworked out on paper, but not fleshed out yet. Will have to make a bear of a special part to bolt it to the tab, but it will be sweet when finished.

20061004_192040_Turtledeck_Moun.jpg

Last shot as I was departing the shop. Gear legs.

20061004_192526_Gear_Legs.jpg

Going to bed, 5:00 a.m. building time comes early.

Latest posts

Back