• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Raven 2XS Kit

andrewrichards

Reaction score
This is a pretty sad story why Florent has to sell the kit. One of the pitfalls of dealing internationally, personally I have never had any issues.

Florent made contact with someone (wont name) through Barnstormers about an engine, this was in Canada. Everything was going swimmingly - parted with $17,000 USD for the engine then then excuses came. Engine was dropped by the shipper etc then the communication stopped. No engine was ever shipped.

Sounds like a scam and not good for the industry. I have never had any issues buying internationally and shipped a few things myself. Its a shame there are people like this in aviation, now Florent a young French Airforce pilot has lost a lot of money, unable to afford to complete his dream aircraft.

Such a shame.

darylat8750

Reaction score
Man I hate stories that this. Good luck Florent and I hope you manage to get somebody caught.

maddog

maddog
Reaction score
Like they said in the wild west,Someone git a rope! If I could afford an engine I would send him one. It really hurts to see someone's dreams get ruined by some greedy person.

eiclan

Registered Users
Reaction score
Gday, I have $100 to start the ball rolling if it could be got up! Cheers Ross

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Do we have a name and contact info for the guy that sold the engine. Aviation is a small world. I feel confident that he could be found.

Flying Ant

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate hearing these stories, we are a small community and like Eric said, pretty sure someone up there would know him and help him get it sorted out.

doppler99

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

I want to thank you for your messages of solidarity are very friendly. And I thank Andrew for all these tips, listening, and answers to my questions for a year!
I found a 540 C4B5 on barnstormers last October. The boy is called Irurzun Michel, manager of Aeromaritime near Montreal in Canada, more precisely Brossard. It has some ads on the internet.
If anyone has any information about it let me know!
Thanks again!
Florent

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
A search with Google shows with Aeromaritime as one word shows a Nigerian contact! Scary. Spelled as two words, it is a world wide company with office's in London and the US too. Please confirm the spelling. I just did a search with Iruzun's name included and got plenty of hits. but all in French. Sorry but I am not fluent in French, there are those who think I mangle the English language bad enough.

L

N111KX

Reaction score
Considering the amount of money involved will the police (or Canadian FBI equivalent) not look into it? I wish you luck...

doppler99

Reaction score
Hi Larry, yes Michel Irurzun speaks french, and the name of the company is Aeromaritime. Thanks for your help!

lanceav8r

Reaction score
Last edited:

will moffitt

Will moffitt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made some good money selling on ebay. I sold quite a few things internationally. Some, such as a large yacht wheel and related steering parts to England, the shipping was more than the item. I was only burned once, and that was a $10.00 item. It is sad to see this happen. I hope everyone that is buying a big ticket item like this can check out the seller. I know everyone knows that a deal from Nigeria or a bride from Russia is a scam. I even see them locally on Craigslist. We have to be careful about the Nigerian hiding behind the Maple Leaf. I think a phone call is good protection.

Kelvin Rempel

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Florent, have you had any further contact with Michel? I've posted a message on AvCanada.ca to see if anyone has any further info on him. You can try posting here as well, they have a French pilot forum on there. The guys in Quebec may have more info for you...

Pietdriver

Registered Users
Reaction score
I have a phone # 450-923-2134 I'll see what I can find. I'm Canadian and speak French. Not to mention I'm pissed as hell that a "Canadian" would do that.

Latest posts