• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Raven Induction IO-540

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Engine has been ordered including the Barret Induction (fits Wolf Cowl). Have a new Raven induction set up for a Parallel Valve 540. Easy to install, no need to remove existing sump.

Retail $1495 sell $1100 plus shipping.
Edited by: andrewrichards

TommyJ

Reaction score
This is a great deal, guys. Rob does super work, I have this induction system and also his headers, and the fitup was perfect. Cheap at $1495, super cheap at $1100...

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Thanks Tommy J. Certainly agree with you on the quality of Rob's work. If anyone is ever in Australia and wants to checkout the 2XS let me know.

Looks like the exhaust isnt going to fit either. The engine is on order from Lycon and I have shifted away from the stock 2XS cowl and gone with the Wolf CF. Another fine example of quality of experimental aviation products.

The cowl is going to be tight, not sure if the exhaust is going to fit either. Will consider selling both as a package. The exhaust has polished collectors.

I will get Raven to build a new exhaust if needs be.

I also have to say Ken and Chris at Lycon have been great to deal with, the engine I am going to end up with is going to be simply awesome. Still on the fence with prop choices either MT or Whirlwind 400C.

I should be ready for that Biplane Fly-Off sometime soon!

DragonflyDH90

Reaction score

Wow Andrew. The 2XS is going to be a real head turner as well as going like a scalded ape.Think I will definitely have to come across for a visit.Ryan

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Thanks Ryan, your welcome this way anytime.

Induction still for sale, will consider trade for something.

Latest posts