• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

RayMoeller- Phase I

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raymoeller

Reaction score
First off... Merry Christmas to all.. or Happy Holiday if you celebrate something other than.

I have the second flight of Phase I in the logs now and am using video to document it all.. going over it and seeing what things are catching my attention after the fact. I notice that in cruise flight the elevators are flying with a bit of downward deflection relative to the horizontal stabilizers. I've done some looking around on YouTube at video posted by other pilots of Skybolts and of Pitts S2's and am thinking that I should probably be increasing the angle of incidence of the horizontals a bit to see if we can work that out of it. The S2's seem to trail in perfect alignment.

Anybody else taken the time to do so, and have any suggestions?.. feel free to comment!

Latest posts

Back