• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Rebuilding a Christen Wobble Pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smutny

Biplane Addict
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Markus' question on the value of one of these pumps reminded me that I wanted to ask this forum a question.

My eventual goal is to do what Markus is, replace the wobble pump with an electric one, but I had decided t push that off until next year due to a couple other expensive MX items that I'm doing to the plane.

However, In the summer heat my wobble pump handle gets very hard to move. So I contacted Terno Products earlier this week about getting it rebuilt and was quoted $375 plus shipping.

I was all set to send it off in a week or two, but then a previous owner of the Wolf Pitts met up with me and handed me a bunch of odd bits for the airplane. Amongst the cache was a box of O-rings for the wobble pump...

Has anyone rebuilt one of these? To me it would seem fairly straight forward, but are there any nuances to the system that it should be left to the professionals like Terno?

Latest posts

Back