• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Rebuilding Sparcraft Wings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtis

Curtis
Reaction score
I am new to the forum so let me introduce myself. I live in MD and have been involve in flying, building and restoring for 25 years on and off. As a family my bothers, father Bill Cumberland and I have owned, built and restored a plethora of planes including Pitts, 2 Skybolts, PA20, Luscombe 8A and have owned several others. I have been out of the experimental world for 7 years when I sold my RV6 and bought a SR20:eek:. I know don't kick me out. Now I am moving back into the world of EAA and I have bought a nice Pitts project with Sparcraft wings. It also has a 3 hinge Raven wood aileron kit with it that I am going to start with. My question is what are the glues and epoxies of choice right now that you guys are using. I am picking the project up next week and want to go ahead and order some material so I can begin work on the wings. Thanks for any advice you can give me on this. I am sure I will have a lot more questions on this project.

Latest posts

Back