• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Recommend a Shop for 0290 prop strike inspection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offgridman

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Just purchased a SA-100 with a 0290 with 174 TT that had a prop strike. Looking for a decent fair shop to do the tear down and inspect for me. I am not the aircraft builder :(
I am located in Mobile, Alabama.

No visible flange damage occurred I am told that the pilot checked it with dial indicator and dye. I don't have the log books yet so have not examined them yet. The pilot got cancer shortly after and passed away. I will check logs to see it aircraft has any time logged after the strike or not.
Prop was replaced. Pilots BFF said he knows all of the data was entered into the logs but they are in the airplane other side of the country.

I am getting a spare 0290 400TT that they claim has no damage history engine in deal.

I Plan on inspecting the original and the spare engine thoroughly to see what condition they are in before I decide to swap engines or get one of them rebuilt.

Both engines have been sitting for several years in a hanger.

I have to wait until I get there to see if either of them was pickled or not.

Latest posts

Back