• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

repair cert for my engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chwilliams5

Registered Users
Reaction score
Ok, so I met with the EAB inspector from Baltimore today and got my operating limitations for my Smith. I have to go into phase 1 for 5 hours because of the new engine. SO I asked about getting the repairman cert for the engine. I built this O-235 and removed the data plate. The inspector said I could not get one and have to have the engine signed off by an A&P. I did not build the airplane but the engine I did and I can prove it. Still no go he says. Am I wrong or is he wrong?

Here some pics of the engine build:
http://www.n1160hminiplane.com/3.html

Craig

Latest posts

Back