• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Replica 80% SE5A project for sale

Clipper Skipper

Reaction score
WWI SE5A 80% Scale All wood construction done by a real craftsman. Most woodwork is complete, Controls are installed ,Wings and Tail ready to cover. Fuselage needs fuel tank to be built, Throttle, Instrument Panel ,and some minor woodwork to be finished. Landing gear is welded, needs Main wheels and brakes. Tail wheel and windshield is included. Have full set of plans, also on disc. Price $2500

For more info call Steve.

@ 404-372-8709

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice work. Which plans are being used?

Clipper Skipper

Reaction score
The original 1972 Canadian Replica Plans. This project can be finished without plans since most of the woodwork has been done, I have been working on the panel which I made removable for easy access. The biggest job is doing the firewall fwd , Fuel tanks, Wheels and brakes. ect.

Airplanebarn

Slow building a Starduster Too . Love Tailwheel Fl
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NICE looking Laminated ends on the Elevator ( ? ) !!

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What Engine would you put on that ??? Probably should at least look like a water cooled.

f18shack

Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It’s in Ackworth, GA and is a 7/8 Replica Plans bird. Two aileron, with a narrow center section (matching the plans) but that means the straight up and down cabanes do not resemble the original SE5, where the cabanes are angled out a bit. Most put an O-235 on the Replica Plans birds. The original builder passed away and his estate sold it to the current owner last year. I contacted him about it but then reality set in with my own stalled Pitts project among other considerations. Looks like a cool project for somebody, with much of the work completed.

Timbob

Reaction score
There is a full FF Subaru system for sale on VAF. All brand new, for $5000.
I think the motor is good but not sure about the reduction drive as I heard problems about it.

dldihs

Reaction score
I would think that a slow turning 383 derivative V8 would be a natural...and it would sound right as well!
About 350 ft lbs of torque at 2000 rpm - same as the original, should turn a big stick with ease

f18shack

Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
This is ~87% size replica. Engine needs to be close in weight to a small 4 cylinder aircraft engine. Most automotive V8’s plus coolant system would be way too heavy.

Clipper Skipper

Reaction score
WWI SE5A 80% Scale All wood construction done by a real craftsman. Most woodwork is complete, Controls are installed ,Wings and Tail ready to cover. Fuselage needs fuel tank to be built, Throttle, Instrument Panel ,and some minor woodwork to be finished. Landing gear is welded, needs Main wheels and brakes. Tail wheel and windshield is included. Have full set of plans, also on disc. Price $2500

For more info call Steve.

@ 404-372-8709
DEPOSIT TAKEN :)

Latest posts