• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Replica Plans SE-5A build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtgunner

mtgunner
Reaction score
Last May I was given a partially built Replica Plans SE-5A. After extensive research and testing to figure out what parts were airworthy I have finally begun building parts. I work at Basler Turbo Conversions in Oshkosh Wisconsin so all the tools I need are readily available as well as most of the materials. Right now my time is kind of split because I m trying to finish an RC model project before getting to involved with the SE-5A. I have been going to work 45 minutes early to make parts for the SE-5A then I work converting the
C-47's into BT-67's during my work hours. When I get home if I have free time I work on the RC BT-67. So I am building some type of airplane pretty much all the time. Right now I am concentrating on the aluminum and steel parts. I want to get the parts for the control box assembly all made by early spring and then get the pieces welded that need to be. After that I can fit everything into the fuselage and make sure it all fits properly. Then I can take it out install the fuselage bottom and seal the fuselage and horizontal stab. Once that is done I can then concentrate on building wing ribs. For those of you that are interested in my progress check out my gallery on my home page and please leave comments or suggestions.
Mark

Latest posts

Back