• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Rolled engine mount ring assistance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good evening.
I would like to build an engine mount ring for a Warner radial. The basic mount ring is as shown in the attached sketch. The main rolled ring is 1" X .058 wall (4130) and it is rolled to a 17" diameter as measured on the centerline of the tube. It covers about 330 degrees and does not need to be a full circle.
My question.
Does anyone on the forum have a suitable roller, the time and the know how to roll this ring if I were to have the material shipped directly to them? I am more then willing to pay for this assistance. I only need the ring rolled. I will drill the holes later and match to my engine.
There is no major rush on this if anyone believes they could assist. I also would likely send two pieces for two rings just to give me a backup.
Thanks,
Jim C
Eng Mnt Assem Warner Series 50 v3.JPG

Latest posts

Back