• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Rolling right.... How to fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouB747

Reaction score
My new to me (less than a year) 81 Eagle II rolls slightly right inflight. Not badly, but just requires a little left stick to counter. Again, very slight. Rudder is in trim, so it's definitely a roll. As there aren't aileron trim tabs, I thought I could turn in the right wind pushrod a turn or 2, pulling the right aileron down, in effect causing the airplane to stop the right roll. Would this work? Or by doing so, would this just cause the ailerons to balance out inflight and have no net effect, other than the stick position maybe changing a little. I've thought this through a few times and still haven't figured out whether it will work. 1/2 of me thinks it'll work by having more right down aileron. The other 1/2 of me thinks it won't because there's nothing to hold that aileron down except the stick, and airflow with no stick force will just push it back to the most faired position between the two.

Make sense?

Latest posts

Back