• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Rotec TBI-40-4 0-320

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Rotec TBI unit new never installed I might part with. It has the regulator and TBI unit. Never seen fuel and stored in sealed bag. I don't have inverted fuel or oil and just can't see the reason to switch at this point. If I was building a 0-320 powered plane I would no doubt go this direction. Even with out inverted systems you will run better doing any acro. Look at Glens install tread and you can see a lot on this unit. Only reason for selling is I think I could use the gas money more than the inverted capabilities. I'll sell it for $600 plus free shipping. ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1439861229.609382.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1439861240.630549.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1439861249.735432.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1439861259.256944.jpg

Last edited:

freerangequark

Mostly harmless.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Like almost everyone else with one of these, it took a little patience and tweaking to get it running... but now it runs great and I'm glad I did it :) I should note, that I don't have inverted oil or an inverted fuel system. There is enough fuel in the lines though that the engine continues to run through hammerheads, slow rolls, 4 point rolls, cuban 8's, etc. It is possible with a carb to keep the engine running during these maneuvers, however it requires that you fly the maneuvers differently than you might otherwise fly them.

I have attached an article on the subject.

-Glenn

View attachment Very basic Flipping.pdf

Last edited:

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lowered price to $600 and free shipping in lower 48. I'm not 100% sure what the new cost is but I do know a couple years ago the OSH Special was like $749. This is a brand new never installed unit. I believe there is a considerable wait at times on these also...you could have this one within a couple days...

skyboltone

Reaction score
It is possible with a carb to keep the engine running during these maneuvers, however it requires that you fly the maneuvers differently than you might otherwise fly them.

I have attached an article on the subject.

-Glenn
I read that article a couple of days ago and bookmarked it. I don't know if I'll ever attempt any of those but it's good to have to resource to go over with an aerobatic instructor in case I ever try.

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lowered price to $600 and free shipping in lower 48. I'm not 100% sure what the new cost is but I do know a couple years ago the OSH Special was like $749. This is a brand new never installed unit. I believe there is a considerable wait at times on these also...you could have this one within a couple days...

OK Kris,
i will buy it.
Ship to;

Dennis Flamini
564 Aberdeen Rd
Frankfort, IL 60423

freerangequark

Mostly harmless.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
OK Kris,
i will buy it.
Ship to;

Dennis Flamini
564 Aberdeen Rd
Frankfort, IL 60423

Dennis,

Let me know if you need any help with the installation. I have CAD files for parts I made for the regulator mounting and override control.

Glenn

Latest posts