• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Rotec TBI - Anybody Have Experience with One?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just exploring my options. I want inverted fuel on my Skyote, but I don't want to spend $3500 for fuel injection from AFP. I don't plan on that much inverted flight...I just want the engine to stay running during a roll or a hammerhead, or maybe as far as a rolling turn.

I'd like to find an Ellison, but I don't have a whole lot of hope on that front. The company's website is still up, but none of the links work. The phone number goes to voicemail, and their email address doesn't even work. So, I'm left with a Rotec TBI. Just wondering if they're any good, or as bad as many seem to make them out to be. I talked to a guy locally that had one that said it ran great for about 40 hours, then started giving him issues. That was 10 years ago.

One other thought was to just use a carb, then install a primer for a well timed shot of fuel.....seems like a bad idea though.

Latest posts

Back