• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Rugged Air RA950 ANR Demo 20% Off

bnhernandez324

Reaction score
We have a demo of one of our RA950 ANR headsets. NOrmally $499 now only $399.
Headset Features
• Powerful ANR Circuitry
• Stereo Dual Volume Controls
• 9V Battery Box with Belt Clip
• 39.5 dB Noise Rating @ 3000Hz
• Stay Put Full Flex Boom
• Wind Block Foam Mic Muff
• Easy Adjustable Head band
• Gel Flo Comfort Ear Seals
• Comfort Pillow Top Head-pad

Rugged Air RA950 brings powerful Active Noise Reduction technology with the same proven reliable cup and headband design. Built with noise isolating cup design and powerful ANR circuitry the RA950 produces an incredible 39.5 dB Active Noise Attenuation @3000Hz. The cockpit has never been so quiet. With the auto on/off switch simply plug in the headset and the ANR will automatically start. Other features include dual volume control, Gel Flo ear seals, comfort pillow top head-pad, and 9V battery box with belt clip. Finish it off with mono/stereo switch, wind block mic muff, and Total Shield durable cabling. The Rugged Air RA950 ANR headset is the clear audio performer for all of your aviation adventures.

darylat8750

Reaction score
Hi Brooke,
If you will search the site you will find several threads on the difficulties we face with headsets in open cockpit airplanes. Can you say whether your ANR system will be overwhelmed by the ambient wind and other cockpit noise? Check out the threads.....

bnhernandez324

Reaction score
I have seen some of those threads but I feel this headset would work for your needs. It is such a great active headset that we have taken the ANR feature and have put it into one of our offroad headsets. Also our company deals with offroad where wind is an issue and we try to make every headset offroad, public safety and aviation to be able to be used with wind and loud noises. See what you think.

bnhernandez324

Reaction score
Also I know some people on here do not only fly bi planes but others to and maybe they can use them there as well. :)

paul_k

Reaction score
I found some good review for this headset but none mentioning open cockpit. If anyone want to try one, mypilotstore.com has them for $289 and ACS has them for $374

Paul

Latest posts