• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Running With A Tough Crowd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Over the years I have attended many fly-ins and Mr Addison Pemberton has been present with a significant airplane. I first met him starting with the 1993 Starduster fly-in at Flabob Airport. He and Ben Scott flew their Stearman Speed Mails that became the center piece for our Starduster circle the wagons at that fly-in. My son Dan was the instigator getting those to push their airplanes down to the old cross wind runway, and present them in a circular layout, it was a very hot day,and many were not excited to do so. My Starduster Too is at the 11:00 O'Clock position

Later at one of the Hood River WAAAM antique fly-in he was there with his Boeing Model 40, a picture of it with my son Dan in the cockpit was quite something. The last few years he restored a Grumman Goose and has really been into flying it all over the N/W.

Earlier today I had chatted with him as we had not done so for some time, I sent him some pictures of my SA-100, and he responded with the following pictures of the Tough crowd he has been hanging out with, and I am sure you will agree they are a rough looking bunch! Dave
Circle The Wagons 1973 small.JPG
DSC02700 small.JPG
DSC02687 small.JPG
Addison  1.jpg
Addison 2.jpg
Addison 3.jpg
Addison 4.JPG
Addison 5.jpg
Addison 6.JPG
Addison 7.JPG
Addison 8.jpg

Last edited: