• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

S-1 Canopy, Inverted System, PS-5C, and much more

Kevin91

Registered Users
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have to sell a few crucial components from the project Pitts to fund a flying Pitts, so these will have to go.

I occasionally drive down to FL from CT, so if you live relatively close to that stretch of road, I might be able to save you the shipping expense.

S-1 Canopy - Sold

Christen Inverted System - Sold

Bendix PS-5C (orange seals) - Sold

New Raven Locking Tailwheel - Sold

Wheels, Rotors, Calipers, and Brake Master Cylinders - Sold

New Ignition Switch (TCM P/N 10-357200-1) - $150

Dynafocal Type II O-320 motor mount - $150

O-320 Crossover Exhaust System - Sold

S-1 Gas Tank - Sold

Aluminum Spinner (12" diameter, 12.75" length) - ssmdive

Fiberglass Nose Bowl (35" wide by 21" tall, air inlets are 8.5" wide by 7" tall, center outlet has 9" diameter) - ssmdive

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin91

Registered Users
Reaction score
I will consider them sold, just sent you an email.

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't see Dennis's post.....I'd be interested in the carb though.....PM sent. Also wheels/brakes, etc.

Ben

Last edited:

Mcwpittss1

Registered Users
Reaction score
I'll take the spinner!

Sent from my iPhone using Biplane Forum

Kevin91

Registered Users
Reaction score
In an attempt to keep things organized, the items that are pending sale have the name of the member who was first to inquire listed beside them. All items that have been sold will be marked as such.

107ch

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I will take the fuel tank,
Dennis Holmbeck

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'll take the the tailwheel. May I ask what the asking price for the canopy was? Just so I know what they go for. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Biplane Forum

Kevin91

Registered Users
Reaction score
Eric, shoot me a PM with an address that you'd like the the tailwheel shipped to. I was asking $500 for the canopy.

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin,
Got the canopy and exh today really fast. Can't believe how nice they are and how well
packaged. i think i owe you $500 for tape alone. It took me 1 hr to unpackage everything!
Thanks for taking care of me and send a photo of the Pitts when you get it.
Dennis in Chicago

Kevin91

Registered Users
Reaction score
Dennis, glad you're pleased with the canopy! I was a bit nervous about it getting damaged in transit so I went a little overboard with the tape :) I look forward to seeing it installed!

Sorry for reviving this old thread, didn't realize I had missed a post! Unfortunately the tailwheel didn't work out for Eric, so if anyone else is interested I'd be open to offers. I also have a locking mechanism that I special ordered from Spruce that I'd be willing to include with the tailwheel.

Also would like to thank anyone who purchased something from this thread, I was finally able to scrape enough money together to buy a flying Pitts, just brought her back from Alabama :)

4-Shipp

Reaction score
Please pm me re the tail wheel. If it will fit my Pitts I will take it. Bruce. Thanks.

What was the original asking price.

Kevin91

Registered Users
Reaction score
Please pm me re the tail wheel. If it will fit my Pitts I will take it. Bruce. Thanks.

What was the original asking price.
Bruce, the original asking price was $350, just sent you a PM.

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I hope you can sell that beautiful tailwheel Kevin. Thanks for being to good about taking it back. For the future buyer I only eyeballed it next to my current Haigh (it would have raised the tail about 1 1/2"). It never touched the plane.

ssmdive

Reaction score
What I did with the nose bowl and spinner.

Yes, I am aware the prop is a pusher propÂ… It is all I had.

Latest posts