• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

S1-11 Toxic Stinker N426CU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garyg

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
We are closing in on done. We had engine running, went thru transponder check and pitot/static check (450 bucks...). ADS-B appears to work (finds enough GPS satellites), MGL (after a 300 repair - ran out of warranty just sitting) is working. Just a little issue on the upper slave bearing but everything works well. FAA has been called in for AWC at end of month. Some paint to go on cabane fairing, javelins and a couple of small fairings. And finish fitting the spinner. The pictures do not do justice to the green. It is very close to the green seen on some Jeep/Ram vehicles. The one you cant miss a mile away. Also there are radioactive symbols in a dark gray the pictures do not show.
20210606_111101.jpg
20210606_165651.jpg
20210606_165720.jpg
20210606_165744.jpg
20210606_165826.jpg
I was hoping to be ready for weight and balance today (my 68th bday) but looks like one more week to go.

Mirco paint scheme, Don Adamson did the paint work (I did get to take it apart and put it together for stripping and some "bulk" taping though....). Looks really sharp. I think. 61% using the checklist. Feels like a lot more.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back