• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

S1 Pitts Ultimate for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly9r68

Registered Users
Reaction score
Well i hate to do this but My career has moved forward faster then i figured and i now have to sell my S1 Ultimate. I love this plane to death and do not want to sell it but just have to. Cant keep them all :-(

Ill get all the exact hours in the next couple days and ill add to the list of mods as i remember them all....

Pitts S1.
HOURS
PLANE 925 hours
motor SMOH 325
MT PROP 75 hours
All control surfaces were just recovered in the last 50 hours( 1 year)
also the horizontal stabilizer was done at this time. This cost $12k labor and all

PITTS factory ULTIMATE WINGS
full ailerons 360*sec roll rate
PITTS ultimate 19gal fuel tank (NEW)
PITTS ULTIMATE Firewall
Metal landing gear, not bungee
Big rudder (NEW)
whole fuel system just redone all new or overhauled
MT Comp PROP
Lightweight spinner
Clear floor
Clear side panels
Smoke system 4 gal (NEW)
External Smoke Tank FILL
Carbon fiber Wheel pants
Carbon fiber wing root fairings
Carbon fiber seat back
Carbon fiber baggage door
Carbon fiber I strut covers
New Locking tail wheel asy last annual
Earth X Lithium very light batt. (NEW)
Spades

spent alot of time doing WB when i got it. moved batt, and lot of other stuff to get the CG perfect. now with me in it ( 200 lbs) its perfect with 12 gals of fuel and full smoke!

Motor 220ISH HP
10:1 pistons
MT COMP PROP
Angle Valve motor
oil cooler in wing SUPER LOW OIL TEMPS DURING ACRO EVEN IN 100* HEAT!!!!
Raven Raptor Aluminum Sump/Cold Air Kit (NEW)
Raven 4 into 1 Exhaust (NEW)
Sky Dynamics LW flywheel ( NEW)
oil changed every 10-15 hours. Since i have owned the plane not one spec of metal in screen
LW starter
LW alt
Custom Big mouth intake
4 point egt/cht

PTT and Smoke on Stick
Transponder
In panel Micro radio
JPI EDM-830 with all options (new)
OAT
RPM
MAP
OT
OP
4 point egt/cht
Fuel Flow
and much more

LOTS MORE TO LIST AND I WILL SOON
ALL EXACT HOURS WILL BE ADDED SOON
MORE PICS SOON

This plane is a BLAST to fly!!!!!!!!! super fast roll rate, lots of rudder, Tons of power. Snaps great, and handles like a dream. So light on the controls you just think it it does it!! if the stock +6-4 pitts isnt enough for you this is your plane!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did alot of work to this not thinking i would be selling it any time soon or i wouldn't have invested so much into it lately. Just have to move to a different plane to fit my needs coming up soon so i have to sell. :-(

ASKING $52,500 need to move fast. would consider
trade of something of value for a small parts of it. but most must be paid cash/wire
trade for car/truck/trailer/guns. something i can sell to recoup the rest of the $ down the road.......

_A2A8713.jpg

_A2A8361.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back