• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

S1C Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Cleaning out the hangar, shed, garage and every other nook and cranny I can find. Daddy wants to fly his new toy.
Been collecting parts for a long time. Have lots of stuff for a long fuse flat wing airplane.
Top wing needs leading edge but other than that almost ready to cover. Lower wings need aileron prep and finish plus leading edges. Have an old set of I struts that are good for parts. Full set of wing wires.
Have a bunch of used sheet metal, firewall, panel, cowl but no nose bowl. Can be patterns or patch and use.
Fuse is welded and had a brush coat of epoxy put on. Not pretty but functional. Tailfeathers are in kit form, or talk to Smizo and put Wolf tail on it[emoji3]. Bungee gear is also in box or use the conical mount and put Wittman gear on it.
Not perfect but a really great start on a Pitts.
I can tell you that 90% of us out here won’t be able to use those wings to their potential. Yes round is preferred but flat is faster and unless you’re going to fly Unlimited you won’t outgrow the wings.
Asking $5K on Barnstormers will deal to forum members for less.
Working on pics. Should have some next week.

Latest posts

Back