• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

S1C refresh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mshankle

Reaction score
IMG_3635.JPG
IMG_4033.JPG
IMG_5351.JPG
IMG_5355.JPG
IMG_5479.JPG
IMG_5482.JPG
IMG_5504.JPG
IMG_5696.JPG
IMG_5698.JPG
IMG_5699.JPG
Hey guys, My name is Matt. I've been watching for a while, figured it was time to post. A friend (RJ)and I went halves on a S1C we found up in Front Royal, VA. It had been sitting for a few years, but we were determined to fly it home instead of trailering it. It is a pretty standard S1C I suppose, built in 71-73, however it has a O-360 in it. Previous owner clams it makes 210 hp. All we know is that its healthy. Took a mag and some wrenching to get it air worthy. Neither of us had any pitts time, so our friend Kirk ferried it home. We chased in a decathlon, and chase is a polite word. Got left. One quick roll and smooth touch down later it was in the hangar. Two days later the engine was off and we started the list. This was almost two years ago now. Since we have done a number of fixes and modifications including fuel injection, all new plumbing, weight savings hopefully, 4 into 1, added a few bars to the engine mount, bungees, tubes, tires, brakes, efi boost pump, new pannel, api tailwheel etc. Finally got to fly one with Danny Bond after thinking about it for 5 years. Grabbed a twisted composites prop from him for our lightweight crank. Headed to oshkosh for my last dose of motivation to get this thing into the air. We have labeled this thing the "**** pitts" seeing as we have refused to do any fabric or paint work. That will have wait for a set of new wings. Still have a long list of items to get wrapped up, but it's getting shorter. Here are some pictures, Matt.

Latest posts

Back