• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

S2C upgrade before sale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanrene

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have a beautiful S2C, was former 27MF. When I purchased it, annual was done as part of deal. Long and short, ELT was not tightened and first few flights resulted in it coming loose in tail and puncturing 2 holes in fabric. I have taped over them and it has been fine. I'm expecting to put it on market in next 3-6 months.
Question: is there more value by having factory repair/recover or will a reputable fabric shop repair be same in the marketplace?

Follow up question: Is getting it ADSB compliant a good idea before placing on market. I'd think that opens up more potential buyers but not sure if increase in value equals increase in cost.

I see some S2C planes on market that stay for sale for a while so I'm thinking maybe factory repair/ADSB makes it more desirable, even at higher cost.

Thanks for any advice.

Latest posts

Back