• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

S2E for sale

Reaction score
S2E project, after several inquiries I decided to list my S2E, factory fuse, New Steave Soper Carbon/glass 2 piece cowl, Wing wires, tail feathers, logbooks and paperwork W AW cert, enough wing parts to rebuild your own or use the for parts on another,( both Christen and Pitts) Fuel tank, tailwheel, motor mount, engine fire got the wings and front fuse. Cleaned, oiled, tumbled and sealed. Re painted fuse. "I" struts. 5 point harnesses, most of the needed hardware and some extra, I also have all of the panels needed to cover the fuse back to the turtle deck. They are traced out on two 4'X12' sheets of A/C grade alum.15k for the lot. I have pictures if you contact me. 423-747-5467 John.

Last edited:

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
If I may ask, how new is the Steve Soper cowling? And did it come with paperwork?

Thanks!

Wes

gmann750

Reaction score
If I may ask, how new is the Steve Soper cowling? And did it come with paperwork?

Thanks!

Wes
It was sold to the current owner with all paperwork, I cant speak to the cowling, this aicraft was in my family for 30 years.

skyboltone

Reaction score

Thanks!

Wes
You better move fast Wes, I may drain my engine fund....NOT! I'm just kidding Wes. This is made for you. Just make sure that you have the AC 8050-2 (aircraft bill of sale) for all transfers in order. Having a C of A is a big plus. Just put it together, get a condition inspection and go fly. Make sure that the operating limitations are included with the C of A and the logs show the phase one sign off. Wow, such a deal.

gmann750

Reaction score
Here it is in its glory, circa 1990 that's me there as a 4th grader. It flew all the way til 2012 memorial day.

image.jpg

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
The cowling got me thinking, not the whole project. Just looked up Steve Soper's STC. It is a one-aircraft approval for the cowling, relocating the oil cooler, and a different prop. So there is a significant paperwork generation task involved with getting that approved for another Acrobatic Category airplane. But its perfect for an S-2E project.

Best of luck,

Wes

Flybipe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Who's gonna be first to put their money where their mouth is and jump on this?!?!

I predict it will be sold by this time next week....!

jerr888

Registered Users
Reaction score
Mark:
Would be interesting if you could post some performance specs for your father's S2E, your Eagle, and your father's S2A if he has it flying yet? Also the weights?
Might shed some light on some theories?

gmann750

Reaction score
Mark:
Would be interesting if you could post some performance specs for your father's S2E, your Eagle, and your father's S2A if he has it flying yet? Also the weights?
Might shed some light on some theories?
We are going to reassemble the S2A next week and weigh it and then I'm weighing the eagle on the same scales after that. We have a good set of scales coming from a friend. I'll be sure to post the results.

Reaction score
The cowling is SWEET! If your gonna do it... Do it once ! I contacted Steave and had him make it for me last Fall. It has a double lay of Carbon Fiber for weight reduction and looks, the cowl was only $3,100.00 incl shipping. My plan was to go FWF because the engine is the easiest and quickest for me. It has a gr8 profile.ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1431632674.875038.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1431632731.711358.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1431632760.596109.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1431632796.767537.jpg

Last edited:

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he really wants to build a dream S2 Pitts, Kevin should jump on this, NOW!

Jack

Edit. I saw in the other thread that Kevin explained why he is not ready to "jump". (Easy enough for "Me" to spend Kevin's money:eek:)

Last edited:

Latest posts