• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Santa Paula Transition training

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ddagasso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am sitting in Burbank Airport waiting on a plane to go home

Wanted to send a big shout out to my new friend Enzo who invited me down to do some training with Chris Olmsted before I jump in my S1 for the first time this weekend ( weather permitting)

Have to say that SZP is one of the coolest places for a gearhead to visit. I saw collections of vintage and modern racing carts,
Spencer Sudermans S1 waiting for a rebuild at Ray’s aviation
Got to watch AJ Wilder (US aerobatics team) working on his unlimited figures while being coached by Chris Olmsted
Watched Sammy Mason and his friend working on their rc routines with their model extras after the airport shut down in the evening
And for me the hi-lite was being unexpectedly introduced to one of my childhood heroes by his Australian Shepard Emma: Reg Pridmore move to the states in the 1970’s and won the first three AMA super bike championships riding with a smooth clean style against young men half his age.

Chris is a good instructor and I was able to get about 2x the takeoffs and landings per hour than I had gotten during previous transition training at busier airports

Cannot wait to go home and take my bird out for a flight

Thanks Enzo

Latest posts

Back