• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

SDToo wing tank drain...or not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martinb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just starting process of bending the fuel lines for the too, and ive pondered about the wing tank low point drain(non existent on my 15gal wing tank in center back of tank.)
-Ive flipped through the forums, and lotsa dave posts with the diagrams etc, thanks!, pretty cool theres so much info on here,..
but in my situation ive got two 3/8"npt welded bungs at each rear back corner of the upper tank, for fuel feed ,
but zero bung in the center tank baffled area..for sumping water..
-at first i wasnt to concerned, as its feeding all 1/2" al lines, to a scott236401 1/2" fuel selector 3position, upper , main and off, down to a monster c2a type fuel screen/gascolator , then to the full bypass mech engine pump and carb on the jacobs.
I was Thinking the c2a would catch all coming from above , but just curious have any ended up with projects, or built sdtoo's with dual feed upper tanks as per plans but omitted welding bung & drilling through the plywood for a drippy future cca1550/1600 valve?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back