• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Seabee For Sale, I know it's not a bipe, but tell your friends!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveS1C

Reaction score
Hi, DaveS1C here. I know it's not a biplane, but I need to sell it! Looking for some help getting it out of the hanger I just bought (with the plane).

Republic Aircraft RC-3 Seabee:
The plane last flew in 1970, it’s been in a hangar since. I have all the log books from new. Right now it’s registered experimental, issued 1966 when engine changed from Franklin 200 HP to Continental IO-470-P 250HP. Engine 0 timed in 2013, and pickled for installation, and comes w/constant speed prop. Instrument Panel refreshed. This plane was as in restoration when I purchased the hangar w/plane. I also have many, many more Seabee parts; If you need a RC-3 part give me a call, I should have what you need. First 40,000.00 (or best offer) takes aircraft, with the zero time IO-470-P & constant speed prop. Dave Germann (586) 549-8211. Also have IO-470-P disassembled in a crate looking for 6,000 or best offer, that also comes with a constant speed prop, not sure yet if log books are there for the second engine.
I'm a motivated seller, if you're looking for a good, sea plane, you could have found yourself a real bargain... make me an offer!!!! Total time on the airframe is under 600 hours. Never been in saltwater.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back