• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Seat chutes for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

larryM

Reaction score
Possible OSH pick up....

I have a National 360 which was manufactured in 2003, and a Softie (240#) manufactured in 2010. Both chutes have a fresh repack in May. I don't know if you follow the "parachuting talk". I have not been, but when I bought these in 2010, there were a couple places that would not pack a chute over 20yr old. No rules against it, no science behind it - just because. They did not have FAA support, and as far as I know, it did not go anywhere. Anyway, how I looked at it then, as now, I felt that a chute is worth the new price minus $100/yr old that it is. That way its very close to zero value after 20 yrs IF they ever ruled that chutes couldn't be used after that time. That said, each chute cost $2,500 new. The National is 12.5 yrs old and the Softie has 5.5 yrs old. Pro rated value is $1250, and $1950 respectively.

larry Martin
[email protected] or text 872-205-0924

Latest posts

Back