• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Seat Chutes for sale

larryM

Reaction score
National 360 is sold.
Price reduction on Softy 240 - $1300. Now needs a repack

larryM

Reaction score
Thanks for asking, I believe it is standard. I saw that because I bought it new, and did not as far as I recall pay for an upgrade. It may have already been worked into the price. I bought it from Allen Silver. I will have to look and see what the acro harness is and get back to you. My son was the one wering that chute all of the time. I used the National....

larry

larryM

Reaction score
The chute has the standard harness.

Thanks,
larry

larryM

Reaction score
Not that I knew - I had to look it up to see if I had it. Seems the real high -G guys may like it.

CONVENTIONAL HARNESS
The conventional harness has a fully adjustable main lift web which permits the harness to be adjusted to fit a wide range of individuals. The harness has connection points on each leg strap and on on the chest strap. The leg straps come standard with B12 Snap connectors. As an option, we offer Thread Thru Adapters or Quick Ejectors on the legstraps. The chest strap comes standard with a Thread Thru Adapter, a Quick Ejector is optional on the chest strap.

AEROBATIC HARNESS
Our unique crossover style Aerobatic Harness is designed specifically for pilots doing high NEGATIVE G aerobatic manuvers. The harness is designed so that the legstrap connecting hardware is moved away from the hips where it can dig in and cause pain and discomfort during high negative G aerobatic manuvers. The harness is attached by having the legstraps pass through a high strength soft loop at the hip and then cross over and buckle on the opposite side of the harness just below the rib cage This unique design has proven to be very popular with aerobatic pilots.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm an old skydiver and pilot so my opinion is just that but unlesss I was going to the championship I would not want the aerobatic harness. I like the quick disconnect type, easy to get into and easier to get out of, plus if you needed to get out in a hurry the aero harness will not let you.

ssmdive

Reaction score
Another jumper here. I have an acro harness and love it.

Latest posts