• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Seat Pans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skybolt540

Reaction score
Couldn't figure out how to add an image to a Reply posting, had to start a new thread, sorry. For future reference, can this be done?

Attached is a couple of shots of the forward seat pan and one of the rear riveted in my project (blue tape for a bit of protection at the moment). I made them up myself (very easy actually) based on ones I saw at Steen Aero when Hale had it in North Carolina.

The metal'sbeen chromic anodized which is why it looks sort of green. The front seat back (which I'm dissatisfed with and have to make over, grrr) and rear seat back hasn't been anodized yet.

The little handles on the front is a stay for the crotch strap so it doesn't fall into the bowels when loose; you just have to reach down, and there it is.

The tubes are covered with a clear 3M-brand anti-chafe tape that's super tough to protect the finish. You have to get right up on it to see it. Amazing stuff.

The yellow I selected is actually a lot deeper color than the photo would indicate. It turns really lemon-y under the fluorescent lights. Strange.

20060911_170913_Seat_Pan_3.jpg

20060911_170744_Seat_Pan_2.jpg

20060911_144425_Seat_Pan.jpg
Edited by: Skybolt540

Latest posts

Back