• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Security 350 Parachute Trade

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
got a security 350 with acro harness. military green. will go with a fresh repack. dont need to sell it, but it is just sitting here. i do need a clarity aloft headset. anyone interested in a trade??

or, if somone wants it that doesnt have a headset to trade (already tried piggy ;) ) just make me an offer as i have no idea what its worth........

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
First thing someone will want is Date of Manufacture.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
October 1984

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
I suggest posting a for sale note at the nearest soaring center. Those guys are slow when they collide in competition and bail out and are still using some Security rigs. Power guys not so much.

GQ Security bailed out of the US market all those years ago in fear of US liability laws.

Best of luck,

Wes

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
it was last packed in 2003, it will have a fresh pack job. and yes its a back style.

ndlakesdreamer

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I know it's easy to confuse me...
is it a seat pack? yes its a back style.

Help out an old confused guy
Dale

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
you dont sit on it. thats a seat pack. it goes on your back like a backpack and is against the back of the seat not your butt.........

howd i do.........

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The Security type container is a combination back pack and chair container. The container goes from your shoulder to the lower part of you butt. This gives a slightly thinner container when compared to either the back pack or seat pack chutes. I believe the Security also has some unique packing instructions due to this design.

These were highly popular when I started in the middle 1970's and almost everyone considered it standard equipment which gave you much more room in Pitts type aircraft when compared to the surplus military stuff that was available.

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
The Security rigs are officially a "chair" type parachute. They stretch from your shoulders around to your thighs. They can be repacked by a parachute rigger who has a back or a seat rating. The challenge is the age. The latest crop of parachute riggers seem to be reluctant to trust their judgement on condition and don't want to work on any gear more than 25 years old. Soaring centers, where most of the pilots are "thrifty", seem to have the best contacts for getting older equipment repacked.

Best of luck,

Wes

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The only guy I've used that will repack Security 250's ''on condition'' is Don Mayer. If the manufacturer has no specific time life Don has no problem if the harness and canopy don't have any problems either.

PittsDriver68

Reaction score
I understand that Don't health is not so good and he is mostly retired. His successor is a younger skydiver and I am told that he will not repack Security rigs.

Best of luck,

Wes

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a couple 250's a few years ago. A local rigger did one of them for me and said it was fine. At Wes's urging I decided I was too old/too fat to jump one of them. I sold them to a fellow who had me ship them to Strong with a deal for return if no good. Anyway they did NOT come back?????

If you do a search on Securitys it seems the glider guys go for them.

Latest posts