• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Selling IO360/ project bipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timmayb67

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I decided to part with my project nose wheel biplane and engine, I've got about 3k into aircraft and parts.
I bought a few flying wires for it to complete the main wing set (still needs the tail brace wires).
The aircraft is in need of repair, the lower RH wing is destroyed but I have a replacement set of ribs to help get started. You'll want to pull the fabric and look everything over before rebuild as it had a hard landing. (The fuse looks straight)
I have a box full of basic instruments for it as well. I just don't have the time or space to get the project off the ground. The aircraft at one time was powered by a Franklin engine and was featured in a magazine at one time.
The aircraft is registered in my name.

The engine is a Lycoming IO 360 (200HP),
I don't have the logs for it but it came out of a Mooney. It still has all the baffles, starter, alternator, prop governor, and exhaust. I have the shower of sparks ignition and ignition switch for it as well.
I topped the engine off with oil, cleaned the plugs, sprayed a little oil in the cylinders, hooked up a fuel line and it fired up and ran.
Looks like it was overhauled at some point, but no guarantees on the engine itself. I planned on pulling the cylinders, giving it a look inside and put new rings and gaskets and hang it on the front of the plane. I have around 9000$ into the engine.
I figured I'd post it here for interest.
9,000 buys the engine and you get the plane, instruments, and even flying wires for free!
Unfortunately I can't help load anything as I'm out of state for a while. I live in Temple Texas.
IMG_20210710_160241752.jpg
IMG_20210705_130616467.jpg
IMG_20210705_125617448.jpg
IMG_20210705_125620106.jpg
IMG_20210705_130622679.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back