• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Sensenich 76AM6-46 Metal Prop for sale

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to have my AD2 propeller redone so I guess I'll offer my extra Tu-holer prop.

Fresh reconditioned by Sensenich. Bolted on to check static and removed. Full Length, certified. Turns the same RPM as my experimental(too thin) 48" pitch, don't need two. Fits O235 or O290 Lycoming. Turns 2400 rpm static on my O290G/D. $1100 plus shipping.
Jack @ 540-931-4763

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Jack if you don't sell it before I get a chance to test fly mine I might need it. At this point mine turns 2300 static so should be close but won't know until flying a bit and that is at least a couple of months away yet. Between weather, soft sod runway, tail wheel check out, and an annual it will be awhile yet.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brand spanking new recon. from Sensenich. Gray w/red tips. Been stored in factory box in corner of living room since I tested it for static. Pretty sure I didn't even scratch paint around bolt holes and cold day-no bugs:rolleyes:

If you have to have a picture I'll drag it out again. I opened the box today to double check pitch. If you think you might really be interested I'll be happy to get a picture or two if I can remember to grab my camera at the airport....hope to go fly tomorrow:)

Larry. I was looking for more RPM but hesitated to go less than 46 inch pitch because that seemed lower limit for certified applications I could find and I didn't want to compromise value as a certified prop......I know the issues. The soft sod alone has grounded me until mid may in the past at this swamp they call an airport. (OTOH the airport has been here since 1923-if it had been even 10' higher above the river it would have been houses 50 years ago....)

Thanks for interest,

Picture tomorrow.

Jack

100_1767 (800x597).jpg

100_1768 (800x597).jpg

100_1769 (800x597).jpg

100_1770 (800x597).jpg

100_1771 (800x597).jpg

Last edited:

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Jack that way too pretty for a junky old bipe. Why don't you just give it to me and I will hang it on the wall and give it the respect it so richly deserves! ;) After all it fits an engine that's almost a classic in and of itself all ready! :D

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jack that way too pretty for a junky old bipe. Why don't you just give it to me and I will hang it on the wall and give it the respect it so richly deserves! ;) After all it fits an engine that's almost a classic in and of itself all ready! :D

Ok Larry. I'll "give" it to you but here's the deal.

Propeller $1. I'll personally hand deliver it for $1300*. I'd like to see your airplane anyway;)

Send me a check for $1300 and I'm on my way:D

Jack

* (no substitutes for delivery)

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it is. I got this prop with a Tailwind/0235 project about 10 years ago. It was 50" pitch in good condition. No log book and no idea of TT? I wanted better climb with the Spezio which also has a 76AM6 X 48 but experimental, full 74" length but too thin.

I decided to have this prop repitched and rebuilt and decided to try 46" pitch as noted above. I bolted it on and found static exactly the same as the too thin 48" pitch experimental. The work was done by Sensenich in Lancaster, Pa.

Have yellow tag but again no log.

I'd like someone else to own it, will take $900 plus shipping.

Jack

Last edited:

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My 2,300 static has turned out to be 2,700 WOT in level flight on my 0-235 and I'm happy. I could use a bit more climb but at this point I need to just fly more before I get excited about change.

Latest posts