• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

sensenich pitch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ddagasso

Supporting Member
Reaction score
3DAF55B2-367F-429A-92DD-1FFF197D06FB.jpeg F9837DE5-304D-4954-A60F-68029A9AE602.png looking for advise and opinions

I initially removed the sensenich 76 inch 60 pitch prop and sent it for inspection, was not expecting any problems as it looked almost factory new, unfortunately it appears that someone mounted it on the end of the crank without a ring gear or backing plate in place. One of the bushings on the end of the crank is larger than the others and when they torqued it down it egged out that bolt hole on the prop.

The prop shop called me and told me that the prop had to be tagged as unserviceable....cannot say enough good things about this shop in Edmonton Alberta “Propworks” were first rate, they did not charge me for the inspection and even shipped the prop back to me......

I found this prop locally and am hesitant to send it out for inspection and to repitch it( once bitten twice shy)

My question is will it over speed my newly rebuilt IO 360...

76EM8S5-0-54

Just got the wolf gear mod back from Chris and hope to have the fuse back on gear next weekend and the engine mounted by the end of the month if my back lets me get anything done ( L4 L5 look like Swiss cheese and the herniated discs are causing havoc recently)

Thoughts......run the 54 until I buy a Catto or send the 54 out for inspection and repitch to???

Thanks
Dano

Latest posts

Back