• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Setting Toe-In

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyboltone

Reaction score
Here is a post from another forum from Brian at Steve's Aircraft. They have built 25 Pacers out of Tri-Pacers and do lots of other mods to those aircraft as well. I had never been real clear about how to do this and I thought I would share it with all y'all and stir up comment at the same time.

"I check toe-in in the same manner as the Brand C series 100 service manual.... (for the Pacer that means) New Bungee's, completely empty with no fuel ( wings off when setting new gear fittings ), rack the main gear up by lifting a wing until the hydras orb's are all the way in, main tires aired to 32 PSI, tail up in flight attitude, long straight edge across the center of the front of the main tires ( I use an old wing spar ), carpenter square against the outside of the tire ( Should touch the back sidewall of the tire ) and measure the gap between the square's edge and the front sidewall of the tire.... 1/8 to 3/16 inch.

The way the gear is set up on the Pacer series when the tail is lowered the toe-in actually decreases slightly... It also decreases with weight... At gross weight it should be close to neutral. "

Dan

Latest posts

Back