• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skills on Display

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyrite

Reaction score
Thought I would put up a post I made on another forum , Cause 2 of our own really showed out this past weekend....Enjoy....

On Jun 11, 2017, at 3:21 PM, Zorn Auto Glass via Acro <[email protected]> wrote:

WHY DO BIRDS SING

For the same reason us humans do...They sing about what makes them happy . Well, Theys a lot that makes me happy in this life, But what floated my boat the last 3 days was the play"n in chapter #3s sandbox in Rome Ga. . Mark the "Newtron-Fultron" and the chapter had one of the funnest action packed 3 days of.... "B.S.ing ....fly'n....more B.S.ing.....more fly'n .....and then ....Well I truly don't know what happened cause their wasn't enough down time to figure it out . Suffice it to say, Mark you and the Chap. did good Buddy !
Never done a contest that had 4 flights for every category and that had 2 unknowns for the upper categories...It was awesome. All the time and effort as well as all the behind the scenes thought that all you did to make it fun for all the folks that showed up...Well ,words don't do justice to describe the appreciation that Cody and I have for doing it on our behalf !
I also AGAIN, must give a shout out to Brian Howard, Me and Cody are like the birds...We be happy...all the unknowns for the 3 categories were great. As a judge and a competitor it was a blast to watch the pilots plot their way through the "Puzzle Sequences"{as Doug would call them}.
I listened as some of the judges would actually laugh when watching a pilot in the middle of the sequences, Not because of the way the figures were being flown, But you could almost see the gears turning in the competitors heads as they plotted their way through....Some successfully...Some not so successfully {moocho O's all around} , It was hilariously entertaining for us as judges as well as the guys flying. Also the sequence's kept it as fair as you can for all mounts, That was much appreciated to Brian, Sure glad to know that all the money the IAC is paying you is worth it{we'll pause here for you to regain your composure}.
Eric and Rob put on a clinic of mastery of machines...To watch the legacy guys use every bit of performance and skill to fly the unlimited unknowns was inspiring. It's one thing to have enough H.P. and wing area to depend on to get you through a complex busy sequence , But when a stock S1S that me and another of his buddies {007} has named the "Geritol Pitts"{sorry man} fly's them and extracts every last once of lift from the wing and output from the tired motor to get through is a fun thing to behold !
It was said that the "Geritol Pitts" was heard to be snickering at the MX's and Extra's on the ramp flying the lower cat.s by some experienced pilots as it taxied by after one of the flights. I'm convinced that I personally heard it while flying the last unknown saying on an up line .....I THINK I CAN...I THINK I CAN...I THINK I CAN !
What they lack in H.P. and wing area they make up for in skill and sportsmanship....Might be a lesson in their example.

I would be remiss if I didn't also tell Mark how fitting it was that he had the short memorial for our late Brother Charlie Harris. I had so many folk tell me how much he had meant to them through the years as we remembered his character , His selfless service to the club as well as his quite testimony. Great idea ya had for that Mark ,another one them things you came up with that demonstrated your efforts to make it special for all who gave of their time to come to your contest.

As the Old Hellean said slid'n in to the grave.....WHAT A BLAST....I'd do it ever bit again if'n I could !!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back