• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt Aileron Attachment Points

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good Moring All,

My First Post, Just purchased a 1979 Skybolt getting ready to start getting my dual, the CFI I am working with and I agree also that the rod end bearings that the alerions are hinged on are getting worn and need replaced, I removed the right upper alerion and am attaching the picture of the rod ends and how they are attached. Another concern is the inner Question I have is what grade of rod end bearing should be used and what grade of rivets to hold them in place. The Other Question is the rear seat control stick has a lot of play, tried new bolts Etc the pivot is wallowed out needs to be repaired & Maybe a bushing this time ? Or any ideas on a new stick? Thanks in advance for any help, can not wait to get up in this bird,

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 129

Latest posts

Back