• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt/Firebolt parts for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwilsonphoto

Registered Users
Reaction score

I hate to even type the words, but after chewing on the subject for months, I've come to the realization that it's unlikely I'm going to have the time to put the aircraft back in the air.
I'm selling it disassembled as components, not an aircraft. This is a special airplane because the complete fuselage was handcrafted by George Evans at Flabob Airport in California. The craftsmanship is flawless and it has all the mods, like the extra 3.5" in each cockpit, the more sculpted "Firebolt" tail signature and all the various fuselage beef ups that have taken place over the years. The gear design was originally the cantilevered "Firebolt" style, but I had the craftsmen at Legend Aircraft put new Steen Aerolab built conventional Skybolt gear back on the airframe. The frame was sandblasted and primed, then given two coats of white aerothane. The engine mount is for an AEIO-360.
The wings were came from Mac McKenzie at Starfire Aviation in Phoenix and are a work of art in themselves. Assembled with T-88 and sealed with T-88 Epoxy as well. The top wing has a center section tank. I struts/slave struts, etc.
Fuselage and wings are covered and painted using Stits. All streamlined flying and tail brace wires and fittings are included as is the fuselage sheet metal.
The engine is a balanced and blueprinted, fuel injected, Lycoming wide deck 360, dyno'd at well over 200 hp. The engine has 231 hours on it TT and was built up by Bela's aircraft as a certificated power plant, not experimental. The exhaust is a custom four into one tuned system. Prop is a Hartzell HCC2YK aerobatic prop with 231 TT and it is a certificated prop as well, not experimental. Spinner/backplate is included.
Instruments/Panels front and rear are included. King radio/transponder. Cleveland wheels and brakes, Goodyear Flight Custom tires and tubes. Whelen 3 point strobes
av lights, EI fuel computer, Sigtronics Intercom. EI four point CHT/EGT computer.
Please contact me for more information.
Jim Wilson
[email protected]

(moved to Classifieds by moderator)

Latest posts

Back