• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Skybolt for sale

taff

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Skybolt is for sale.
Because I am moving out of state and no time to fly.
First Taxi was two days ago.

I am asking $65,000

Today I went taxiing with the Steen Aerolab clamshell canopy on.
This time of the year, a lot warmer inside than windshields. (quieter also)
It has the tilt up clamshell or the two windshield or can be set up with an aluminum cover over the front seat, only the rear seat accessible.
A 360-a1a and constant speed prop.

For the time being it's based in a hangar at GA80 (near Atlanta)
I will arrange a neighbor to show the airplane as I will be in Jacksonville Fl.

DSCN9058.JPG
DSCN9059.JPG
DSCN9060.JPG

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful airplane for sure! I hope you can find the right person in the local area who can purchase and fly it under the present operating limitations. Otherwise it would seem to be a rather expensive "project" that would need to be taken apart and shipped to another location with new FAA office contacted for new limitations......

Life certainly does intervene at times but fact is that a E-AB aircraft isn't really finished until Phase 1 is completed.......in your case life does complicate the process. I wish you luck in finding the right person to complete your airplane.

It is indeed a rather unique chance to own what is a superb example of the type......I hope the stars line up for both you and it's new owner. (wish it was me):D

Jack

rbilu

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what and where your nose bowl is and came from. And if your prop is a hartzell for that A1A, where did the spinner come from?
thx.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you're not going to fly her. I see it different, I don't think it being new is an obstacle. The build is excellent and well documented. It has a C of A. How the new owner proceeds is only their business.

taff

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what and where your nose bowl is and came from. And if your prop is a hartzell for that A1A, where did the spinner come from?
thx.
The nose bowl is from Steen Aerolab. I had to make modifications because of the alternator and the starter. That's the bumps in the photo.
A Hartzell prop. I have had two mechanics work on the engine and no comment was made about compatibility.
The prop now has 1 hour since overhaul.
The spinner I was told came from a Mooney, as well as the motor. The spinner has been checked out by a service station and polished by them
(reason there are some screws missing, I am trying to install the little filler plates behind the prop.)

DSCN9086.JPG
DSCN9087.JPG
DSCN9088.JPG

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eric

I'm glad to see that you finished the build... but sorry to hear that you won't be flying it.

ioneater

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I showed my wife the pictures and told her your story. She said "there should be enough room in the hangar for one of those, right?" Not what was expecting her to say!

hatzdude

Reaction score
^^^^^ I bought a SkyBolt to fly until the Hatz is done ( undetermined date) so I’m thinking....

reggie.seaman

Reaction score
Man I would love to have this ship! Anybody want to buy a 210hp, tailwheel Varga? Alas, Standard category.

taff

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, yes it's still for sale.

The reason is. The hours havn't been flow off yet.
I am in Jacksonville and the Skybolt is near Atlanta.
The person I have to fly it (an ex skybolt builder, the plane that John Denver owned at one time) had an issue with the brakes (not responsive enough during taxi). Now that is done I am still waiting for the FAA paperwork to come through.
The paperwork was confused because I tried to adjust the documents for someone to fly it out of Atlanta. That didn't work so I am getting the original docs in place.

The Skybolt is hangared at my old airpark and when it's flying will be hangared at a public airport. That's when I will advertise it for sale.

taff

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will do.
Later tonight or in the morning

QUOTE="Ian Wolfenden, post: 223494, member: 7473"]Hi Eric,
Can you email me more pictures.. [email protected]

772-559-5557[/QUOTE]

hatzdude

Reaction score
Gonna eventually be a sweet deal for somebody.... sure is purdy....

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Taff's plane is one of the best 'bolts around.. probably in the top 3. It will be in the top 4 once I get mine completed. :p:D:p:D

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"once I get mine completed."

and just how is the paint do-over coming along - - - - or are we not ready to discuss yet - - - ?

I will be painting soon and would not like to make whatever mistakes you are going through !

Latest posts