• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Skybolt for sale

n51hj

Reaction score
With the announcement of my employer's bankruptcy, I have decided that I need to trim back the fleet. The Skybolt probably gets the least useage of all of them so, with a heavy heart, I have decided to put it up for sale.
It was finished in '97, won an Outstanding Construction award at Oshkosh in '98, and a Steen Aero Lab Designer's Award from Hale in '99.

It currently has 232 TTAF and engineon an IO-540C4B5 with a McCauley fixed-pitch 8069. VFR instrumentation with a com, transponder and encoder, PS intercom, and Hooker ratchet harnesses. It's got long landing gear, a Scott 3200,and finished in dope and laquer on the sheet-metal and has a Steen-style two-place canopy.

It's been hangared it's whole life but the cosmetics are not perfect. Fresh bungee cords and annual in September.

I'd entertain including delivery and a checkout for expenses.

I'm still trying to decide what it's worth....

You can email me for more pics and info.

Steve Jones
N727GS
727GS at db3broadband.com

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
yea, real nice clean looking airplane! well, its worth whatever someone will pay for it...... try to figure out its value

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
i like the look of the turtle deck out of stringers....... looks classic.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Stringered turtle deck caught my eye too. Very classic looking. I could enjoy this one.

wandersen

Reaction score
Were you at Oshkosh this year? Nice looking plane.

n51hj

Reaction score
Yes, it was there last year and on and off since '97.

Thanks,
Steve

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
This isnt the redbull air race steve jones, is it?

n51hj

Reaction score
Unfortunately not. Not the pro golfer, ex-St. Louis Cardinal, or the guitar player for the Sex Pistols, either.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just the guy selling the skybolt, sigh. Haha

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If Hale gave it two thumbs up... it's gotta be top-notch !!
Beautiful looking 'bolt.

n51hj

Reaction score
I will admit that it's showing a little age, but it flies very nice.

Thanks for the kind words.

Steve

Chopmo

Reaction score
I'm sure I have a couple hundred pictures of all the nice details on Steve's Skybolt. This is a very well built airplane constructed by a very experienced builder.

darylat8750

Reaction score
Some more pictures would be good. Pictures of details: Panels, landing gear, canopy system, any control mods and under the "hood" are always interesting.

Latest posts