• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Skybolt for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n51hj

Reaction score
With the announcement of my employer's bankruptcy, I have decided that I need to trim back the fleet. The Skybolt probably gets the least useage of all of them so, with a heavy heart, I have decided to put it up for sale.
It was finished in '97, won an Outstanding Construction award at Oshkosh in '98, and a Steen Aero Lab Designer's Award from Hale in '99.

It currently has 232 TTAF and engineon an IO-540C4B5 with a McCauley fixed-pitch 8069. VFR instrumentation with a com, transponder and encoder, PS intercom, and Hooker ratchet harnesses. It's got long landing gear, a Scott 3200,and finished in dope and laquer on the sheet-metal and has a Steen-style two-place canopy.

It's been hangared it's whole life but the cosmetics are not perfect. Fresh bungee cords and annual in September.

I'd entertain including delivery and a checkout for expenses.

I'm still trying to decide what it's worth....

You can email me for more pics and info.

Steve Jones
N727GS
727GS at db3broadband.com
20111202_154622_skybolt.jpg

Latest posts

Back